What is the Fieldwork Service?
Our Epilepsy Fieldwork Service offers information, advice and support to help you and your family live well with epilepsy. Our Fieldworkers are available to support anyone living with epilepsy in the Greater Glasgow & Clyde, Forth Valley, and Ayrshire & Arran health board areas.
What can the Fieldworkers help me with?
Our approach is to find out what matters to you and to support you to find the best way to manage epilepsy. We offer:
- Information about understanding and managing epilepsy, seizures and treatment.
- Advice on safety, identifying seizure triggers, and managing lifestyle issues.
- Support for individuals and families to deal with their feelings about living with seizures and with the threat of seizures.
- Help with benefits and accessing other sources of advice and support.
- Liaison with epilepsy specialist clinics.
Your Epilepsy Fieldworker will help you consider your options in relation to education, work, housing, holidays and travel, how you spend your time, and will liaise with schools, employers, housing providers to help you get the support you need. Sometimes it’s a relief just to talk about epilepsy and its impact, and the team are available to offer informal counselling during office hours.
Who can access the Fieldwork Service?
The Fieldwork Service is available to children and adults with epilepsy, their families and unpaid carers in the Greater Glasgow & Clyde, Forth Valley, and Ayrshire & Arran areas. To access the service, please contact us using one of the methods below:
Glasgow 0141 248 4125
Forth Valley 01324 673 750
Ayrshire & Arran 07585 570 466
By Email: email@example.com
Keep up to date with our latest news