Are you feeling isolated or lonely due to your epilepsy? Our befriending service can help.
How does the Befriending Service work?
We match you with a like-minded volunteer befriender who will support you in taking part in social activities. These social activities can include:
- Sport/physical exercise
- Cultural outings and activities
- Eating out
- Informal learning opportunities
What does a befriender do?
Our Befrienders can provide support for you to gain confidence in social situations and to lead a more independent life.
A Befriender is someone:
- who is friendly and approachable
- who will go out with you once a fortnight
- who will try new activities and see new places with you
- impartial to whom you can talk
How do I apply for a befriender?
Our Befriending Service is open to anyone with epilepsy, aged 18 or over, living the Greater Glasgow & Clyde Area. To apply, please contact the Glasgow office on 0141 248 4125 or send us an email to email@example.com.
Keep up to date with our latest news