The Forth Valley Fieldwork Service (covering Stirlingshire, Falkirk District and Clackmannanshire)
The Fieldwork Service is available to people of all ages who have epilepsy, their families, friends and unpaid carers. We also work with anyone with a professional interest in epilepsy including health, social work and housing staff; employers; teachers; lecturers and staff in schools, colleges and universities, sports and leisure staff.
Epilepsy Connections Forth Valley Fieldwork Team supports you to find your own way to live well with epilepsy by
- providing one-to-one family and group support
- providing information to help you to better understand and manage epilepsy, coping with seizures, identifying seizure triggers, treatments, lifestyle issues
- supporting you to deal with your feelings about epilepsy and its impact
- offering advice about managing epilepsy and seizures at home, school or work
- offering advice on housing; benefits; transport; travel and holidays; insurance.
How can the Fieldwork Team help you?
- Information - about epilepsy and a range of related issues
- Assessment - help to identify your epilepsy related needs
- Self management advice - help to develop your skills to enable you to live well with epilepsy
- Safety issues - guidance and solutions to help you manage risk
- Informal counselling - an opportunity to discuss how epilepsy affects you
- Support - help to access appropriate resources and services
- Signposting - directing you to further sources of help and support
- Links with specialist clinics - link with other professionals about your epilepsy needs
- Liaison - contact with your G.P. and specialist staff when needed.
Contact the Fieldwork Team
Epilepsy Connections Fieldwork Office
Falkirk Community Hospital
Falkirk FK1 5QE
Phone: 01324 673750.